- We are the teachers who teach your children to read.
- We are the police officers who daily put our lives in harm’s way as we protect your families.
- We are the firefighters who rush into the burning flames to save your most precious possessions.
- We are the Veterans and soldiers who unselfishly put our lives on the line to protect all of us against those who would do us harm.
- We are the mothers and fathers who gently tuck our most precious gifts into bed each night, who are secure in the knowledge that we know they are our future.
What We Believe
For over 200 years, Democrats have stood for the idea that wealth and status should not be an entitlement to exploitation. Democrats recognize that our country and our economy are strongest when they provide opportunity for all Americans—when we grow our country from the bottom up. Democrats are committed to repairing a decade of economic damage by spurring job creation, rebuilding our infrastructure, investing in clean-energy technologies, and restoring fairness and opportunity to our economy.
Democrats share with all parents the commitment to prepare our children to lead lives of happiness and success. That’s why we’re dedicated to ensuring the next generation has access to a first-rate education and the tools to drive our economy forward. Our country is strongest when our workers are trained with the knowledge and ingenuity to perform at the highest levels. Democrats recognize education as the most pressing economic issue in America’s future, and know we cannot allow our country to fall behind in a global economy.
Democrats stand for an abiding faith in the judgment of hardworking American families, and a commitment to helping the excluded, the disenfranchised and the poor strengthen our nation by earning themselves a piece of the American Dream. We remember that our country was sculpted by immigrants and slaves, their children and grandchildren. Even today, it is our diversity above all else that provides us with our enduring strength. Democrats believe that each of us has an obligation to each other, to our neighbors and our communities. Each of us has a role to play in creating our future.
WE ARE DEMOCRATS
WE ARE AMERICANS